I have been meaning to post this list of artists students came up with for the research portion of our 1st marking period sketchbook. Each student came up with 3 artists or movements and shared with the class. This is a rich and broad list and the best part is that it is student generated. Bravo!
Lin Siang Ching
Charles Allen Gilbert
Vincent Van Gogh
Peter Carl Faberge
Lucia Emanuela Curzi
HONORS: Structures are to to be photographed, edited and posted in a gallery to the Art Work page on your WordPress sites by Friday, November 6.
3D Expression: Structures are to be photographed and saved to your laptop by Monday, November 9. You will learn to edit them in Photoshop and how to post them in a gallery on your WordPress sites.
- Sketchbooks photographed, edited and posted to WordPress sites by Friday, November 6.
- PORTFOLIO DAY is Sunday, November 8. You are required to attend even if you aren’t showing work or planning to attend an art college. (this was in the Course of Studies book when you signed up for the class, it is in the syllabus and I have repeatedly referred to it.)
- Portfolio Day Reflection (250 words) is due Friday, November 13. Submit this as a POST (not on a page) on your WordPress sites.
- Project Proposal is due Thursday, November 5 (even if it is a continuation.)
- Progress Report #3 is due Friday, November 13.
There is a tab at the top of my site with the college visitation schedule so far. This will be updated as needed.
The tab is called Art College Visits.
Due Friday, 10.16.15
You are required to download the Adobe Creative Suite to your school-issued laptops. Go to the Start menu and then to Download Center. You should see it there. Check the box and download it.
This must be done while connected to the school network and you must use your power cord. If it does not complete the download during class time you can plug your machine back in later in a different location within the school and it will resume.
You must have Adobe Photoshop on your laptop to edit and process your artwork as you archive it for your WordPress sites.
This is not negotiable.