- How does communication occur?
- What is the relationship between content and context?
- What is meant by “creative process” ?
- How might the artist inform the creative process and how might the creative process inform the artist?
- Use additive and subtractive marking making techniques to create a series of timed observational drawings of an object of choice (brought from home).
- Identify and delineate interesting visual relationships in drawing series.
- Extract delineations with scissors.
- Create two 24” x 36” collages using extracted delineations.
- Create two 24” x 36” drawings from the collages & incorporate text as a design element.
- Revisit the collages and embellish at will.
- Create/construct something from left over scraps remaining from original timed studies.
- Participate in discussion in which the original questions are revisited. Consider the significance of the overall experience and its relationship to the world around you.