Do not forget that Thursday, June 11, 2015, is the due date for your Sketchbooks and your completed WordPress sites. Your final 6 Sketchbook entrees are expected to be on your WordPress sites. Remember that your completed website will serve as your Final Exam grade.
Category Archives: Honors Art
This weekend is the BIG weekend in Bushwick (Brooklyn, NY)! Many open studios, art openings, street activities and general art life to be experienced.
You can find out more information by going to the Arts in Bushwick site.
First I’ll congratulate everyone on a successful district art show. I am proud of your installations and work ethic during last week. I hope you had a restful 3 day weekend and are prepared for the final push. I ask that you work hard to the final day.
Here are some important due dates. They have previously been posted on this site & I have mentioned them in class each day so you should be prepared.
- Portfolio Progress Report 10: due Friday, May 15.
- Collective Identity (Honors & Portfolio): due Tuesday, May 26. For Honors Art students this will be put at the top of the Writing page of your WordPress sites. NOTE: Portfolio Art students should do this as a Post and not on a page.
- Community Connection 8(4): due Friday, May 29. This is to be on some aspect of our district art show unless you completed it early.
- Sketchbooks for Seniors: due Friday, May 29.
- WordPress sites (Honors & Portfolio): Due Thursday, June 4. NOTE: This will be your Final Exam grade. Be sure everything I have assigned is represented:
- All writing assignments posted correctly (numbers, due dates and proper order) and without big spaces between entries.
- All art work photographed according to my instructions (use white balance on camera, edit in photoshop and save with longest dimension at 8 inches and the resolution at 100). Save in a “Gallery” with newest work at the top. NOTE: Year long students should NOT make a new gallery – use the same gallery you already have with newest work at the top.
- All Sketchbook work processed the same way as your Art Work.