Define/explain the following and put your list on the Writing page of your WordPress sites.
Honors/Portfolio Art Vocab list
- Biedermeier Aesthetic
- Binary Oppositions
- Conceptual art
- Degenerate art exhibition/Entarte Kunst
- High Art
- Low Art
- Linear Thinking
- Pop Art
- Sous Rature
- Post Structuralism
- Visual Culture
- Vitaly Komar & Alexander Melamid
ARCHIVING YOUR ARTWORK FOR WORDPRESS
STEP 1: PHOTOGRAPHING YOUR ARTWORK
- 2D WORK: hang flat against a wall at eye level out of direct light
- Make sure wall is clean and free of clutter
- 3D WORK: place on table/counter out of direct light
- Make sure table/counter is clean and free of clutter
- Set up your tripod if desired
- Attach camera to tripod and make appropriate adjustments if desired
- Turn off the Flash on your camera
- Fill view finder with art work
- Physically get as close to your work as possible so that your entire work fits in the view finder and the least amount of wall/table is in the frame
- Focus camera if needed
- Take image
- Email your photo to yourself or use a cable to get your images on your computer. IMPORTANT – send the larger or largest file size to yourself so you can edit in Photoshop.
Step 2: SCANNING YOUR WORK – SMALL 2D WORK
- Place artwork/sketchbook face down on scanner bed and close lid
- On desktop double click EPSON SCAN
- MODE: choose PROFESSIONAL MODE
- Make sure the settings are as follows:
- Click PREVIEW
- SELECT ONLY YOUR ARTWORK then click SCAN
STEP 3: UPLOADING IMAGES TO COMPUTER
- Create a folder on the desktop – title it your name/originals
- Create a second folder to save your edited images.
STEP 4: EDIT IN PHOTOSHOP
- Open PHOTOSHOP
- FILE: OPEN – SELECT IMAGE
- CROP out wall/table around art work. Photo should now only include your artwork.
- OPTIONAL: IMAGE – click AUTO TONE / AUTO CONTRAST / AUTO COLOR
- IMAGE – SIZE – RESOLUTION: 100 – LONGEST DIMENSION: MUST BE 8” EXACTLY
- FILE – SAVE AS – NAME – .JPEG
STEP 5: UPLOADING TO WORDPRESS
- Go to WORDPRESS.COM and sign in to your website
- Go to ARTWORK PAGE – click EDIT – click ADD MEDIA
- Click UPLOAD FILES – SELECT FILES – hold CTRL key down and SELECT IMAGES you want to upload – click OPEN
- Click CREATE GALLERY (left hand menu bar) – make sure images you want to upload have a check mark in the upper right hand corner
- Click CREATE A NEW GALLERY (lower right hand corner)
- GALLERY SETTINGS – keep as is
- Click INSERT GALLERY (lower right)
- Click UPDATE
NOTE: Sketchbook work goes on the Sketchbook page and Art Work goes on the Art Work page. Newest work goes on top.
I hope you had a restful summer!
Here’s to an exciting and productive 2017 – 2018 school year!
Congrats to Dani, Margo & Cat for surviving AP Art this year!
Note: this info is also on a drop down tab above and on Schoology.
Exhibition Proposal due Monday, 5.15.17. Must include:
- Inventory list
- Approximate sizes
- Mode of presentation
- Sat., 5/20: Set-up begins in the high school square gym.
- Sun., 5/21: Set-up continues in the gym.
- Mon., 5/22: Set-up is finalized, works are labeled, installations are straightened and cleaned of debris.
- Wed., 5/24: Show opens to the public 6:30 to 9:00pm.
- Thu., 5/25: Closing night – 6:30 to 9 pm. Note: you may begin to take your work home at 9:00pm. I encourage you to do so if possible.
- Fri., 5/26: Work must be removed from the gym as soon as possible and all work and materials must be removed from the premises by the end of the day. No exceptions. Plan ahead.
Collective Identity (Who are we) paper describing our identity/aesthetic as a group (Honors and Portfolio as one group). Due Tuesday, May 30.
Community Connection.8(4), District Art Show: Your final Community Connection of the year is to focus on some aspect of the WSD Art Show. Due Friday, June 2.
Self-Assessment: For Portfolio Art students. Due Friday, June 2.
Final Sketchbook: For Honors & Portfolio Art students. Due Friday, June 2.
WordPress sites: Due Monday, June 5.
Remember: During the school day (this week) you only have permission to go to the gym for the art show. Do not spoil our big week by becoming a discipline problem.
Note: The art show is your semester final. Below is the rubric for your evaluation.
Art Show Rubric