Information Distribution System investigation. Our goal is to develop a sensitivity to the many ways information is distributed to us as we grow and learn. A sophisticated literacy is required to read, filter and process the information we are inundated with on a daily basis. In our current times with social media and “fake news” this literacy is more relevant than ever.
You will respond to 3 of 4 types of information distribution systems. Each choice will include a written response to the prompt question, an artifact and a written reflection.
- Prompt questions will be answered on your Writing Page BEFORE you begin each artifact.
- Project Proposals may be in the form of a bullet list and will be placed on the Writing Page BEFORE you begin work on the artifacts. The proposal format will consist of bullet points addressing the following 3 aspects: 1. Project description (include nature of object(s), quantity and approximate sizes). 2. Purpose/objective, and 3. Materials.
- Artifacts can take any form and utilize materials of your choice. You will complete 3 artifacts total.
- Written Reflections will be answered on your Writing Page AFTER you complete each artifact. The reflection should address two questions: 1. How similar is the artifact to the proposal or artist’s initial vision? and 2. What is the relationship between the artifact and the prompt response?
Pick 3 of the 4
- Information Distribution Systems: Education
- Prompt: How have information distribution systems varied from class to class and from teacher to teacher in your school experience? From which have you benefited most and least?
- Information Distribution Systems: Political Ideology
- Prompt: How can inanimate objects be used to promote political ideology? Describe at least two historical antecedents or current examples..
- Information Distribution Systems: Family Values
- Prompt: What kind of information is valued within your family structure and how is it distributed?
- Information Distribution Systems: Religion
- Prompt: What role do relics, shrines and ceremonies play in religious information distribution systems?
- Prompt question 1: Wednesday, 9.6.17
- Proposal 1: Friday, 9.8.17
- Artifact 1: Tuesday, 9.26.17
- Reflection 1: Tuesday, 9.26.17
- Prompt question 2: Wednesday, 9.27.17
- Proposal 2: Wednesday, 9.27.17
- Artifact 2: Monday, 10.16.17
- Reflection 2: Monday, 10.16.17
- Prompt 3: Tuesday, 10.17.17
- Proposal 3: Tuesday, 10.17.17
- Artifact 3: Thursday, 11.9.17
- Reflection 3: Thursday, 11.9.17